June 23, 2009

Vacation journal- Day 5

Today we took the kids into Snow Canyon. I love southern Utah! Were else can you find petrified sand dunes, red rock, white mountains and black lava fields in one place?





The kids and I went climbing for a while, then we took them to the red dunes.



Jennsen is helping fill a bottle of sand to take home to daddy

I thought these shoes would be a good idea so I didn't get sand in my sneakers but... they quickly filled with 103 degree sand. Not so smart after all.


Destiny is complaining that she can't walk anymore because it's too hot.


Jennsen has a new "hug", It's a baby leash that we got to use in Bryce canyon. Apparently she likes it, because she wouldn't leave the car until I put it on her, then she followed me around trying to hand me the handle. Too cute!

Back to the camp for more swimming and then it was time for the play.

We got tickets for Footloose at the Tuacahn, an outdoor playhouse.




It was so good! Ren, the lead guy, was played by Thane from So you think you can dance season 4. All three kids sat through the two and a half hour play without a sound. They loved all the music and dancing. I know dad would have enjoyed it!

1 comment:

  1. The pictures are great thanks for taking the time to put them on. I'm really glad that you guys are having fun and wish I could be there but since I can't take lots of pictures for me please. Stay safe and have fun. Love and miss you all.
    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete